To represent our members, enabling them to compete on favourable terms, to be part of an association which ensures the Infrared Industry is protected and recognised as a credible national business with integrity, honesty and caring for the wellbeing of the customer and the industry as a whole.
Our Aims & Targets
- To be the representative voice of the UK InfraRed Heating Trade Association (UK IRHTA) so as to promote and defend its interests and those of our members.
- To provide high-quality, cost-effective services and programmes tailored to members’ needs.
- To facilitate and promote the growth of the industry in national and international markets.
- To participate in scientific, public and policy debates which might affect members and so influence policies, legislation, regulations and standards.
- To provide members with a source of information on market issues, legislation, training, technological advances and research.
- To be sensitive to, and satisfy the distinct needs of, the many sectors of industry represented by and within the association.
- To be a growing, pro-active trade association actively collaborating with other similar organisations and working for a better future for the industry in general and for our members in particular.
- To ensure infrared products are safe and fully tested, ensuring the member is supported with test house options, to ensure the customer is protected.
- Liaises with Government on key issues such as legislation.
- Enables member companies to discuss shared interests.
- Holds regular meetings and events to highlight important issues that members need to understand in their businesses.
- Obtains maximum publicity for the industry through exhibitions, promotions and general public relations and emphasises the products and services of Members in so doing.
- Offers credibility of membership for companies large and small.
The principal laws of association are continuity, repetition, attention, pleasure-pain, and similarity. Following the basic laws formulated by Aristotle in 300 B.C. and by John Locke in the seventeenth century.
The Association Meeting the Needs of the Community
Our chosen aims are to ensure we have the support needed for our community of members, gathering support, receiving grants and donations.
It is important for the association to build and develop trust in the Infrared industry, ensuring that infrared is seen as a viable option for the end customer.
There will be support to the member in so many ways; ensuring the industry is protected from poor untested products that do not pass safety standards. The association will be a point of contact for the member to find the best possible deals for new product testing, assisting with training and to form a professional body capable of adding invaluable membership support.
The board members are people who demonstrate the below attributes and ensure the association is controlled professionally and with integrity and honesty.
- Strong work ethic: Setting and achieving goals
- Dependable: Consistently following through
- Positive attitude: Creating a good environment
- Self-motivated: Working effectively with little direction
- Team-oriented: Making the most out of collaboration
- Effective communicator: Understanding the benefits of clarity
- Flexible: Adapting in a meaningful way
The board when assembled will be responsible for communicating with the members, arranging many of the required events: –
- Plan and coordinate events
- Plan and coordinate marketing campaigns
- Research and apply for grants
- Plan and execute fundraising activities
- Coordinate volunteers
- Manage and update the association website
- Maintain the association’s social media
- Collect and process member dues, event fees, other revenues
- Maintain and update the member contact database
- Communicate with members and coordinate a monthly newsletter
- Builds relationships with prospective, new and existing members
Plans and executes member retention strategies